This presentation was given on Christmas Day, 25th of December 2011, 8 pm GMT, by Steve Fuller, @ProfSteveFuller, Auguste Comte Professor of Social Epistemology in the Department of Sociology at the University of Warwick, UK. Originally trained in history and philosophy of science, he is best known for his work in the field of ‘social epistemology’, which is concerned with the normative foundations of organized inquiry. It is also the name of a quarterly journal he founded in 1987 and the first of his eighteen books. His most recent books are The Sociology of Intellectual Life: The Career of the Mind in and around the Academy (Sage, 2009), Science: The Art of Living (Acumen and McGill-Queens University Press, 2010) and Humanity 2.0: What It Means to Be Human Past, Present and Future (Palgrave Macmillan, 2011). He is currently completing a history of epistemology to be published by Acumen in 2013.
Flattr usThere are buttons everywhere! But please note: Any money generated goes to the administration at this point.
- Green Futures Tuesday: Space: the final frontier in recycling #gfstu
- Green Futures Tuesday: How smart new materials can save energy in old buildings #gfstu
- Melissa Sterry: Building a Bionic City: Science Fiction or Future Science Fact? #STU12
- Green Futures Tuesday: How co-ops are leading a revolution in resilient business #gfstu
- Green Futures Tuesday: Vertical farms, skyscraper forests. Are they our urban future? #gfstu
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.